Aspen Grange Care Home in Braintree are currently seeking a Kitchen Assistant on a part-time basis.
Aspen Grange is a high quality, modern purpose-built home designed by award-winning care home architects DWA. Constructed in 2008/09, the home is arranged over two floors offering residential, nursing and dementia care. The home boasts a highly-skilled team of people that have also undergone thorough dementia-specific training and is currently working towards achieving the coveted Butterfly Services kite mark.
Aspen Grange takes extra care in settling in residents as smoothly as possible, making them feel part of life at the home incredibly quickly. Residents can choose the room that appeals to them most and are encouraged to bring belongings from home to help create their own personal haven.
Residents benefit from an exciting programme of activities aimed at improving the physical and mental health of those in care, which include gardening, films and musical entertainments, movement classes, massages and manicures.
The successful candidate will have previous experience as a kitchen assistant, your main responsibilities will include: food preparation, to support the cook and serve both hot and cold food and to meet any dietary requirements.
To apply for this role you must have:
• Team player
• Satisfactory Policy Check and check against the PoVA list
• Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work on own initiative
• City & Guilds 706 – 1 & 2, or equivalent qualification (achieved or working towards)
• Food Hygiene Certificate
• Previous management or supervisory experience
• Experience of food preparation for the relevant Service User group
In return we can offer you:
• Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
• 24-hour Telephone Employee Assistance Programme helpline
• Online discounted vouchers for several companies
• Opportunity for progression within the company
• Continuous support to maintain the training you need to deliver excellence
• On-going support from a motivated and committed Head Office and Regional Teams
• Refer a friend scheme
Apply online today or if you have any further questions contact the carehome on 01376 550764