Aspen Grange Care Home in Braintree are currently seeking an experienced cook to join them on a permanent basis.
Aspen Grange is a furnished purpose-built home is spread across two floors, offering residential, nursing and dementia care. The home boasts a highly-skilled team of people that has also undergone thorough dementia-specific training, and is currently working towards achieving the coveted butterfly services kite mark.
Aspen Grange takes extra care in settling in residents as smoothly as possible, making them feel part of life at the home incredibly quickly. Residents can choose the room that appeals to them most and are encouraged to bring belongings from home to help create their own personal haven.
The successful candidate will have previous experience as a cook, your main responsibilities will include: food preparation, to cook and serve both hot and cold food and to meet any dietary requirements.
To apply for this role you must have:
- Team player
- Satisfactory Policy Check and check against the PoVA list
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Previous management or supervisory experienced
- Experience of food preparation for the relevant Service User group
In return we can offer you:
- Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
- 24-hour Telephone Employee Assistance Programme helpline
- Online discounted vouchers for several companies
- Opportunity for progression within the company
- Continuous support to maintain the training you need to deliver excellence
- On-going support from a motivated and committed Head Office and Regional Teams